Monday, July 9, 2007

First Post

I suppose all blogs start out this way, so here goes. Currently, I don't have a lot of cash to spend. However, I still have my HTX-202 radio I purchased from Radio Shack when I was 16 years old. It still works. Before putting it away, I placed a fresh set of AA batteries in. This has prevented the built in battery backup from draining completely. After all these years, it still works. (yes, I did remember to check the batteries every 6 months and replace them, to make sure they didn't leak) The radio functions just as good as the day I purchased it. I still can't find the rubber duck antenna, so I'm using a telescoping whip antenna. It works ok. It's just difficult to get a good signal out anywhere in this apartment. I've been tinkering with various antenna ideas however, so I hope to have this problem fixed soon. I am also studying for my General Class license, as well as saving up for a new radio. I'm not sure what kind I'll get. I suppose it will depend on how much money I can scrounge up. I'll worry about that when the time comes.

No comments: